Related 3rd Party APIs¶
- Zipline is a Pythonic Algorithmic Trading Library, and the project Catalyst forked off in the spring of 2017.
- Quantopian provides a platform for freelance quantitative analysts develop, test, and use trading algorithms to buy and sell securities. They aim to create a crowd-sourced hedge fund by fostering their community of freelance traders. Quantopian’s backtesting and live-trading engine is powered by Zipline.
- Pandas is a Python library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools. Catalyst relies heavily on pandas, and many API functions return data as Pandas dataframes.
- Numpy is the fundamental package for scientific computing with Python. Some of the data computation that your algorithms will need, will be optimized leveraging Numpy.
- Matplotlib is a Python 2D plotting library that many of examples rely on to plot the performance of trading algorithms